There are many different blog post on Helium decentralized network, you will fin on this page links to most of the blog post related to this technology. Helium is blockchain managing a network of LoRaWan compatible antenna to support low power wide area IoT devices.
As a complement of these blog post, you can take a look to my Youtube Helium Playlist (in French for most of them).
The purpose of this blog is to address the technical aspects of Helium, eventually the reward mechanism and the impact on the token value. I do not address the financial / speculative side of this.
The exhaustive list of blog post on helium can be found following the Helium Tag on this blog.
Understand what is Helium and how to works:
- Helium blockchain type of operations, how Proof of Coverage (PoC) works ?
- How Helium works and how to make a DiY miner (not participating to reward) ?
- How roaming works on Helium network to extend other LoRaWan networks ?
Hardware (hotspot, antenna, cable…)
- Select the right cable between hotspot and antenna
- SenseCap M2 data-only hotspot
- CotX-X3 helium hotspot
- Kerlink iFemToCell helium hotspot
- Rak Wisgate Edge prime data-only hotspot
- Sensecap Helium hotspot
- Nebra Helium hotspot
- Rak Helium hotspot
DiY – Helium Devices
- Soil moisture solar powered monitoring with Rak wisblock
- LoRaWan field tester and mapper (WioLoRaWanFieldTester)
Become a Helium operator / router manager
- Understand the Helium Operator role / components / installation process
- Create your private network on top of Helium network
- Understand the communication cost on Helium network (all included)
- Understand the helium router monitoring and packet exchange
Manage ETL and API
DiY – Extend the Helium network
DiY – miners (outdated)
LoRaWan related content
Helium network is compatible with LoRaWan protocol & devices. Most of what I’ve written about LoRaWan is valid for Helium. You can fin my LoRaWan blog post following the link.